Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Safer Drain Cleaner

IT WORKED!  Ok so our bathroom drain is constantly running slow.  I just could never get myself to put Drano down the sink, and and since it still drained, just slowly, I just dealt with it.  So we decided to do the baking soda and vinegar idea.  God bless science!  So reaching back to your high school chemistry days do you know what the combo do?

It becomes a very bubbly concoction!  If you want to know how this works, don't ask an accountant.  But you can click http://library.thinkquest.org/3347/vinegar+bsoda4.html  to get your geek fix.
Anyhoo I just poured the baking soda down first.  I put as much as I could, then I poured in the vinegar...bubble bubble...wait...pour more vinegar.  And by the time I was done...eeeew.  The gross stuff just bubbled to the top.  Super gross, but my drain works better, and it costs just a few cents.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for getting involved!!!